Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Włodawa is the site of a Nazi German concentration camp, Stutthof. The town was also the location of a large prisoner-of-war camp for Soviet soldiers during World War II. History [ edit ] The first written mention about Włodawa comes from 1392 when it was called Woloda. It received city rights in 1414 and lost them again in 1869 after losing to Russian Empire in the Partitions of Poland. In 1795 it became part of Austrian province Galicia and remained there until late 1918 when local Polish population joined forces with Ukrainians against Bolsheviks who occupied eastern part (Kresy) since 1917. After brief fights between Poles and Ukrainians, Soviets decided to create puppet state under Ukrainian leadership which lasted only few months before they were driven out by Polish Army units formed mostly from local volunteers known as Lwów Eaglets (Lwowianie).