Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The town of Bulakan was founded by the Augustinians in 1580. It is one of the oldest towns in the Philippines, and it became encomienda or capital of Pampanga before it became a part of Bulacan. The Franciscans took over from them and built churches with strong fortifications during their stay there between 1620 to 1630. In 1763, when Manila was under British occupation, General Diego Silang made his headquarters here while he fought against Spain for Philippine independence; after his death on April 28 that year at Mount Palay-Palay (now known as "Namayan Hill"), he was buried there until 1838 when his remains were moved to Caloocan City where they are now interred at what is now Rizal Park ("Luneta"). In 1898 during the Spanish–American War, Filipino forces led by Gen.