Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
It is located about 45 minutes from the ruins of Palenque, 1 hour and 20 minutes from San Cristóbal de las Casas, 2 hours from Tapachula International Airport and 3 hours by bus to Comitán. The city was founded in 1528 as "Pueblo Viejo" (Old Town). It became the seat of government for Chiapas state in 1849. Tuxtla officially became a city in 1864 with the name "San Juan Bautista Tuxtepec". The name was changed to "Tuxtla Gutiérrez" on 22 August 1902, honoring Manuel Gutierrez Estrada who served as governor of Chiapas between 1900–1901.