Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
It is the administrative headquarters of Farrukhabad district. It is also known for its large number of temples, mosques and churches. Geography [ edit ] Farrukhabad lies on the banks of river Ganges in a fertile plain at an average elevation of 144 metres (472 ft). The city has been described as "the town with thousand temples". The city was originally named Fatehgarh by Raja Fateh Khan during Mughal rule. In 1775, it came under British rule and was renamed Farukhabad after one Nawab Faizullah Khan who ruled here from 1775 to 1801 AD. According to another version, it was named after his son Mirza Muhammad Fakhr-ud-Din (Fatehpuri) who died fighting in the battle between Shah Alam II and James Skinner at Karnal in February 1803. It remained a part of Awadh until India's independence in 1947 when it became part of East Punjab state.