Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Bareilly was founded in 1537 by Jagat Singh Katehriya, a Rajput chief of the Kacchwaha clan. The name "Bans-Bareli" comes from two brothers Bansaldev and Baraldev who were sons of Jagat Singh. According to another source, it is derived from 'Barah' (twelve) and 'Aliya' (settlement), as there are twelve villages surrounding Bareilly city. It was also known as "Panchgani" during the Mughal period when five villages were merged to form one town with five gates each leading to different cities: Delhi Gate towards north; Aligarh Gate towards west; Badaun Gate towards south east; Shahjahanpur gate toward south west and Moradabad gate toward north east respectively.