Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Tiruppur is also known as "Knitwear Capital of the World". Tiruppur was originally called Tirumangalam, a name derived from the Tamil words "Thiru" (holy) and "Mangalam" (place). The word Mangalam could mean either a sacred place or an auspicious one. It has been ruled at different times, by Early Pandyas, Medieval Cholas Later Cholas Mysore Kingdom and British. The town remained under control of Tipu Sultan's forces during the Third Anglo-Mysore War but returned to British rule following his defeat. In 1804 it became part of Trichinopoly district before being transferred to Coimbatore district in 1859 when it was subdivided into North and South divisions with Erode as headquarters for South division which included present day Coimbatore city along with Karamadai village in Tirupur Taluk .