Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The forest is surrounded by residential areas on all sides. The reserve forest has a wide variety of flora and fauna. The Nanmangalam Reserve Forest was established in the year 1845 as part of the British rule to protect its natural resources from being exploited by people for commercial purposes. It was then known as ‘Nanmangalam Forest’, which means ‘seven mango groves’ in Tamil language because it had seven mango groves within its boundaries at that time. In 1950, this area became a reserved forest under Section 2 (v) of the Indian Forest Act 1927 with an area of 320 hectares and renamed Nanmangalam Reserve Forests after Independence due to political reasons. Later it expanded into more than 2000 hectares when surrounding villages were merged into this reserve forests during 1957-58.