Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Patiala is named after the founder of the Patiala state, Maharaja Ala Singh. The name "Patiala" was given to it by his son, Prince Mahraja Raisuddin (1765–1823). It became a part C state in 1948 and was declared a city corporation in 1996. The royal house of Patiala belongs to Sidhu Jat clan of Rajputs who trace their lineage from Bhatti Rajputs of Jaisalmer through marriage with descendants of Prithvi Raj Chauhan and Rawal Deoraj Chandrawanshi Ahirs. They were also related to Baghelas Rai Pirthiyan and Rathore Kshatriyas through marriage alliances; thus making them an important power centre during British rule as well as before that period when they served Mughals under various capacities for generations together.