Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The district is divided into three sub-divisions: Hoshiarpur, Dasuya and Nurpur. The city of Hoshiarpur is the headquarters of the district as well as the subdivision.The name "Hoshiarpur" means "city (pura) with a hundred forts (hosh)" in Punjabi language. It was founded by Raja Hari Chand Katoch in 1315 AD on land bought from Jats of Sangi Gotra who were living here since very ancient times .It was known to be a great center for learning Sanskrit, astronomy and mathematics during those days .In 1809 it fell under British rule after being occupied by forces under Maharaja Karanvir Singh ,the ruler of Kashmir at that time .