Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Dimapur is home to the Government of Nagaland and its head office. Dimapur was founded as a village in 1846 by Phulbari, who led a group of migrants from present-day Burma (Myanmar). It was named Kachari Village after the Kacharis who also settled there. The town became important during British rule as it served as their headquarters for trade and commerce with the Naga Hills. In 1866, Dimapur became part of Assam province before becoming part of Bengal Presidency in 1905 under British India administration until 1912 when it reverted to Assam Province again till 1947 when India gained independence from Britain; thereafter becoming Nagaland state on December 1, 1963 under Indian Union administration until January 21st 1972 when it attained full statehood within Indian Union territory upon signing an agreement between central government and leaders representing various tribes inhabiting this region at that time which included Shri Neiphiu Rio(Nagaland's first chief minister) among others .