Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Panvel is located at 18.9°N 73.8°E / 18.9; 73.8 and has an average elevation of 6 metres (20 feet). It lies on the Mumbai-Goa Highway, NH 4B (former name NH 17) which connects Panvel to Mumbai in the north and Vasco da Gama in Goa via Belgaum to south west of India The city was earlier called as Pangul or Panagal by British people due to its location near a lake(pangul means lake in Marathi language). The area was ruled by Yadavas from Devgiri during 12th century AD but later it came under Muslim rule when Bahamani sultanate took over Deccan region after defeating Delhi Sultanate . In 1490 Portuguese captured this fort from sultans of Bijapur & renamed it as "Castella de Aguada" meaning castle around water body because there is a small hillock with spring inside that provides water supply for whole town even today .