Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The city is situated on the Western Line of the Mumbai Suburban Railway, between Diva and Kasara stations. It is also a part of the Mumbai-Pune Expressway Industrial Corridor. History [ edit ] Badlapur was once called Badlyapur or Badeyapoor. The name "Badlapur" means "town with bad people", derived from two words - 'badla' meaning to take revenge, and 'pur' meaning town/city. In 1818 it was renamed as New Bombay by British rulers but in 1937 it reverted to its old name, which has now been shortened to Badlapur (or sometimes just referred as BL). The township came up during early 20th century when land speculators purchased large tracts of barren land around Thane Creek for conversion into residential areas.