Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Amravati is the administrative headquarters of Amravati District. It was a part of the Vidarbha region until 1956, when it became a part of newly formed Maharashtra state. The city is situated on the banks of River Wardha and has been named after goddess Amba Bhavani (a form Goddess Parvati). The town was earlier known as "Ambapur" which literally means 'the place with mangoes'. Later on, it came to be known by its present name "Amravati".