Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The name Muvattupuzha is derived from the Malayalam word "muthappu" (meaning: a place where there are many trees). The town was named after the Muvattupuzha river, which in turn got its name from the abundance of mango trees on its banks. It has been officially known as 'Muvattipuram' until 1992, when it was changed to 'Muvattupuzha'. The region around present-day Kothamangalam and Thodupuzhayar formed part of Vadakkumkoor kingdom until late medieval times. In 1742, Marthanda Varma annexed all kingdoms in Kerala and became sole ruler.