Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Kalaburagi is the headquarters of Kalaburagi district. It was part of Hyderabad State before Indian independence. After India's independence, it became a part of Bombay state and in 1956 it became a part of newly formed Mysore State (now known as Karnataka). The city has been named after "Kala Burugadu" or "Black Fort", which in turn got its name from the black stone found here. The region around Kalaburagi was ruled by many dynasties, including Satavahanas (230 BC – 220 AD), Vakatakas (250–470), Chalukyas(5th to 10th century) Rashtrakutas(753–973) and Hoysalas (1070-1346). In 1336, the area came under Muslim rule when Muhammad bin Tughluq conquered Deccan region and renamed it into 'Mumlai Khanate'.