Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
It is the second largest city of Jharkhand after Ranchi. Medininagar was founded in 1875 by a zamindar named Medini Rai, who hailed from Kaimur district. He donated land for construction of a railway station and also built a rest house for travellers on the Grand Trunk Road (now NH-2). The town grew around this rest house. It became an important trading centre during British rule due to its location on the Grand Trunk Road and proximity to Gaya, Hazaribagh, Bokaro Steel City and Dhanbad coal mines which were connected with it by rail lines laid down in 1899–1900. In 1901 it was made headquarters of Palamu District. After India's independence in 1947 it became part of Bihar state until 2000 when Jharkhand state was carved out as separate entity from Bihar.