Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Diu Fort is located on the western side of Diu Island. It was built in 1509 by Sultan Bahadur Shah of Gujarat to protect against attacks by the Portuguese after they conquered nearby Goa. The fort has a perimeter of . Within its walls there are many buildings, such as stores and houses for officers and soldiers, mosques, temples and water cisterns. The main entrance gate is known as "Porch Gate" or "Lion's Gate". There are two other gates: one named "Kachhi Darwaza", which faces south towards Veraval; another unnamed gate towards north-east leading to Mandvi beach (the only way out).