Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
History The name Purnia is derived from the Sanskrit word "Purna" which means full. The city was named so because of its location at the confluence of four rivers: Kosi, Katri, Mahananda and Budhi Gandak. It is also believed that it was once a part of Mithila region (present day Tirhut) before being annexed to Bengal by Bakhtiar Khilji in 1205 AD. After this annexation it became a part of Bhagalpur district until 1989 when Purnia district came into existence on 24th February 1989 as one among 25 new districts created in Bihar state during that year. Later on 23rd March 1994 Patna High Court declared Purnia District as separate entity with headquarter at Purnea town. Earlier there were two subdivisions namely East & West but after bifurcation they are now known as North & South respectively with their headquarters located at Madhepura and Kishanganj respectively .