Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
It is situated on the bank of river Ganges. It is also known as "Gopalganj-the land of Lord Krishna". The town was founded by Raja Gopaldas, a zamindar in the court of Mughal emperor Akbar. The name comes from two words: "gopa" (cowherd) and "ganj" (market). The city has been an important center for trade since ancient times, due to its location at the confluence of three rivers - Gandak, Budhi Gandak and Sone. In 1857 it became a part of East India Company's Bengal Presidency during British rule; later becoming part Indian state Bihar after independence in 1947 .