Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
It is located on the bank of the river Dikhou and has a population of about 10,000. Sarupathar was established in 1853 by Raja Sarup Singh Deo (1787-1863) who ruled over Saraighat, Khaspur and Jorhat. He also constructed a palace at Sarupathar which still stands today as an important historical monument in Assam. The name "SARUPATHAR" comes from two words SARUPA + PATHAR meaning 'the place where sarups live'. It is situated between Dhansiri River and Brahmaputra River near to Jorhat town .