Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
, the largest city of Assam. The town is located on the bank of Brahmaputra River, and is a major commercial hub in Upper Assam region. Nagaon was established by Ahom King Pramatta Singha in 1696 as his new capital after he shifted from Garhgaon (present-day Sivasagar) due to frequent flooding by the Brahmaputra river. It remained as capital till 1744 when it was replaced with Rangpur, which lies about 12 km away from Nagaon. After that it became a subdivisional headquarters under Guwahati district until 1992 when Nagaon district was carved out and made into an independent administrative unit. In 2005, Nowgong Municipal Board renamed itself to Nagaon Municipal Board.