Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The Dresden Frauenkirche (German: [ˈdʁeːsən ˈfʁaɪ̯nkɪˌçɐ] (listen); literally "Dresden Women's Church") is a Lutheran church in Dresden, Germany, the landmark of the city. It was originally built from 1739 to 1743 as a church for the Lutheran garrison in Dresden and dedicated to Saint Matthew. The building was destroyed during World War II but reconstructed since then. The Frauenkirche has been an important symbol of both East Germanys struggle against fascism and its peaceful revolution in 1989 that led to German reunification two years later; it became one of central symbols for European unity after being physically joined with Palácio Nacional da Ajuda by Christo and Jeanne-Claude between June 7–9, 1995.