Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
It is the capital of the Zweibrücken district. Zweibrücken was a state in its own right within the Holy Roman Empire from 1294 until 1793, when it was mediatised to Bavaria. The town has an Evangelical and a Catholic church, both dedicated to Saint Martin; this reflects Zweibrücken's former position as part of Palatinate-Zweibrücken (a member state of Rhenish Palatinate), which had been split into two states in 1604: one Protestant and one Catholic. It is also known for being home to Germany's oldest horse race track, which opened on August 25th 1818.