Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The village is a member of the Les Plus Beaux Villages de France (English: The Most Beautiful Villages of France) association. It has also been awarded one flower in the Concours des villes et villages fleuris (English: Competition for Townships and Villages in Bloom). History [ edit ] Robion was first settled by Celto-Ligurian tribes, then occupied by Romans who built an aqueduct to supply water to Cavaillon. After being destroyed during invasions from Alpes-Maritimes, it was rebuilt under Louis XIV as a fortified town with ramparts and gates. In 1814 Robion became part of France along with the rest of Provence. During World War II, German soldiers were stationed at Robion's barracks; they used its church tower as an observation post against Allied troops on Mont Ventoux. On August 25th 1944 French Resistance fighters attacked them there; some Germans escaped but others were killed or captured.