Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The commune of Narbonne is part of the Aude department and borders the departments of Pyrénées-Orientales, Ariège, Haute-Garonne, Tarn. The first known human settlement in what is now Narbonne dates from approximately 400 BC. It was at this time that the area became a port giving access to trade routes across the Mediterranean Sea. The Romans established a presence there and named it "Narbo Martius", which was subsequently shortened to "Narbona". After his death in 496 AD, Nîmes was also sometimes known as "Narbōna" (or Arbūna) after him. In 1144, Raymond IV granted several rights on territory belonging to his possessions: Saint Mary's Church (in Occitan Sant Miquel de la Catedral), where he built its bell tower;:p.