Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The Palace of Versailles is in the out-skirts of Paris, and it was originally a hunting lodge for Louis XIII. However, when he moved to Paris in 1682 (taking his court with him), he chose to leave his palace at Versailles. In 1679, Le Vau had completed the "Grand Commun" ("Great Hall") which connected the king's apartments with those of his son and daughter-in-law; but it was not until January 1710 that Louis XIV decided that this should be used as an apartment for Madame de Maintenon who became governess to the children of France after she married Louis' youngest son Philippe d'Orléans on May 9th 1707.