Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Soyapango is located in the central part of El Salvador, about from San Salvador. It is bordered by the municipalities of Apopa and Mejicanos to the north; Ciudad Delgado to the east; Antiguo Cuscatlán and Santa Tecla to south; and San Salvador (capital city) on west. The municipality covers an area of . The town was founded in 1883 as a railroad terminal for trains coming from Guatemala through Mexico, which made it possible for Soyapango's population to grow rapidly during that time period. In 1910 it became a municipality with its own government led by mayor José María Peralta y Alfaro until 1912 when he was replaced by Francisco Gómez Hernández who served until 1913 when he died at his home due heart attack suffered while performing his duties as mayor.