Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The Ürümqi area was originally home to the Tocharians. The oldest known reference to "Urumqi" is in Chinese records dating from the 6th century BC, which describe it as a small trading post and a part of the Kingdom of Yan. It was built by an early ruler named Zhulong (朱龙), who ruled during the Zhou Dynasty (1046–256 BC). A Buddhist monastery had been established in Ürümqi by 764 AD, probably during reign of Emperor Daizong of Tang; it has since grown into one of China's greatest monasteries with over 13 temples and more than 10 thousand monks at its peak time.