Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Melville is located on the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway 1), and is a stop for westbound travellers. It was incorporated as a village in 1912, and became a town in 1913. Melville's population grew rapidly after World War II, reaching 5,000 by 1960. In 1967 it amalgamated with the neighbouring communities of Stony Beach and Glen McPherson to form an expanded city of Melville; at this time its population was around 9500 people. History [ edit ] The area that would become Melville had been settled by Europeans since 1882 when homesteaders arrived from Ontario. The town itself began as two separate settlements: one called "Stoney Beach" near present-day Lakeview Drive, while another settlement named "Glen McPherson" developed along what is now Main Street. Both areas were originally part of the larger rural municipality known as Cana No.