Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
History [ edit ] The area was first settled in 1832 by a group of Irish immigrants and Scottish Presbyterians, who named the village Saint-André. In 1838, it was renamed Sainte-Adèle when the Parish of Sainte-Adèle de Montmagny was formed. The name refers to Adelaides or Adelaide of Italy (831–896), wife of Louis II, Holy Roman Emperor. It is also spelled "Sainte Adele" in French. The municipality became officially bilingual on August 26, 2009 following a change in provincial law. Its name changed from Ville de Sainte-Adèle to Ville de Sainte Adele. However most locals still refer to it as simply "Saint'e". A new public library opened its doors on November 4th 2016 at 11am with an official ribbon cutting ceremony held at 10:30am that morning.