Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The township is located in the Laurentian Mountains, on the eastern side of Mont-Tremblant. The main town within it is also identified as Saint-Donat to distinguish it from a parish municipality with the same name in La Mitis RCM. It is located approximately 135 kilometres (84 mi) northwest of Montreal and has an area of 32 square kilometres (12 sq mi). The town's territory includes several water basins, including Lake Saint-Donat and Lake Matawinie. Saint Donat was founded by John Neilson McLean who acquired land there for lumbering operations around 1874. He named his settlement after his wife's birthplace: St Donats Castle near Cardiff, Wales. A post office opened at this place in 1876; until then mail had been delivered through Lacolle or Sainte Adèle.