Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The village is located on the south shore of Lake Saint-Louis, about east of Montreal. It is accessible by Quebec Route 344 which runs north from Autoroute 20 at Vaudreuil-Dorion and ends in Pointe-des-Cascades. The village has a small airport for private planes (Pointe des Cascades Airport) as well as a marina with boat rentals available during the summer months. In 1667, Charles Le Moyne de Longueuil granted land to Pierre Boucher who built Fort Sainte Anne here in 1668 to protect his fur trading post against Iroquois attacks coming down river from Lake Ontario via the Rivière des Outaouais (Ottawa River). In 1713, this fort was destroyed by an Iroquois attack but rebuilt soon after under orders from Governor Philippe de Rigaud Vaudreuil and renamed Fort St Louis or "Fort La Galette".