Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The city of Lévis is named after the French naval officer François le Moyne de Sainte-Hélène, who founded Quebec City in 1608. It was first called "Lévis" in 1832 by Lord Colborne, then Governor General of Canada and it was incorporated as a town on February 14, 1861. The name refers to François le Moyne de Longueuil et de Châteauguay (1641–1701), Baron de Longueuil from 1675 to 1701 and governor of New France from 1686 until his death in 1701. He also led the defence against James Wolfe during the Siege of Quebec (1690). In 1855 he built a fortification at Pointe-Lévy on an island near Île d'Orléans that would later bear his name: Fort Lennox or Fort Levis ("Fort Lennox" is also used for another fortification located north west along the St Lawrence River).