Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The town was founded in 1846 by Joseph-Édouard Turcotte, who named it after his wife's family home of Lachute, Quebec. The first sawmill in the area opened that year and a post office followed soon after. In 1851, the Parish of Sainte-Thérèse was formed; its name changed to Saint-Joseph de Lachute two years later when a parish church was built. A railway station opened at nearby Rivière du Nord (North River) in 1886 and this led to further growth for both communities as well as for neighbouring Mirabel where another station had been built three years earlier. On January 1st 1893 these three municipalities were merged into one entity which took on the name "Ville de Lachute".