Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The town is home to the Centre d'excellence de Beloeil, which offers a variety of courses in French as a second language and English as a foreign language. It also hosts the Quebec Soccer Association's provincial training centre.Belœil was founded by Joseph-François Hertel de la Fresnière, who received royal permission from King Louis XIV on February 24, 1694 to found "la seigneurie du nom-dit Belœil", named after his family estate in France (the name means "beautiful eye" or "pretty eye"). The first settlers were Jacques Baudry dit Desroches and his wife Marie Boucher; they arrived at what would become Saint-Mathieu Parish on June 25 of that year. In 1717 it became part of New France but remained largely unpopulated until 1772 when its status changed from parish to municipality with the establishment of Saint Mathieu Church (Église Sainte-Mathilde).