Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The neighbourhood is home to the main campus of the University of Ottawa, and has a student population that brings vitality to its many bars and restaurants. The area was originally part of Gloucester Township. It became part of the City in 1950, along with other communities such as Rockcliffe Park, New Edinburgh (then known as "Sandy Hill"), Overbrook and Riverside South. The Vanier name dates back to 1688 when a French nobleman by the same name arrived in what is today Quebec City; he moved on from there into Ontario where he established an estate called "Château de la vannerie" ("Vanier Castle").