Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The Trent-Severn Waterway is a series of canals, locks and lakes that connects the Bay of Quinte to Georgian Bay. The waterway was built in stages between 1833 and 1913 as a means for shipping timber from the vast forests surrounding Lake Ontario. It was also used to transport grain, particularly wheat from the fertile farmland around Lake Simcoe into eastern markets via Kingston or Toronto. Today it is mainly used by recreational boaters who enjoy its natural beauty and heritage sites such as Fort Henry National Historic Site at Kingston Mills (a restored 19th century fort) or Belleville's historic waterfront area known locally as "the Narrows". Trenton has two schools: St Mary Catholic Elementary School which teaches grades K-8; St James Catholic High School which teaches grades 9–12; both are operated by the Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board (ALCDSB).