Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The city was founded in 1912, the year of Canada's Diamond Jubilee. It was named after Thomas L. Timmins, a local businessman and landowner who purchased large tracts of land in the area in 1902 to establish a reserve for lumbering operations; he also built and operated what became known as "Timmins Camp", which later developed into an important regional service centre for Northeastern Ontario. The name "Timmins" is an Anglicised version of the French pronunciation of his surname (which is pronounced [tɪmɛ̃] or [tim mã]). In 1883, just five years after Canadian Confederation, John Ferguson settled on lot 17-2-9 W4th with his wife Margaret Ahern from County Cork Ireland at Balsam Lake where they had three children: William James born April 12 1884; Mary Ellen born July 16 1886; and John Francis Jr., born December 27 1888 all at Balsam Lake except Francis who died shortly after birth on January 3 1889 .