Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The area was named after Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England by Elizabeth Simcoe, the wife of John Graves Simcoe, the first lieutenant governor of Upper Canada. The bluffs along Scarborough's Lake Ontario shores reminded her of the limestone cliffs in Scarborough, England. On August 4–5 (Julian calendar), 1793 (Gregorian calendar) she wrote in her diary: "The shore is extremely bold; and has the appearance of chalk cliffs with a small village lying at their base". Before that time and for some time afterwards it was called Glanford Township after its former civil parish.