Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
New Hamburg is the seat of Wilmot Township and was named after New Hamburg, Germany. The town's motto is "A Small Town with a Big Heart". The first settlers arrived in 1806 from Pennsylvania. In 1809, there were enough people to form a congregation which became St. John's Lutheran Church (Wilmot). A log schoolhouse was built in 1812 on land donated by Jacob Hespeler (the founder of nearby Galt) for that purpose; it served as both church and school until 1840 when the present building was erected at its current location on King Street North near Queen Street West. The original log structure still stands today as part of an apartment complex across from St Peter's Anglican Church just north-west of downtown New Hamburg along King Street North between Parkhill Road South & Queen Street West/County Road 19(Old Highway 8).