Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
It is located on the border of Haldimand and Norfolk counties. The community was named after John Mill, a local miller who owned a gristmill in the area. The first settlers arrived in 1801 and by 1802, there were enough people to establish a school district. In 1803, this became part of the newly formed Township of Walpole which included all land from Lake Erie to Lake Simcoe including most of present-day Haldimand County as well as portions of what are now Halton Region (then called Wentworth) and Hamilton-Wentworth Regions (then called Gore District). In January 1st 1850 it became partof Norfolk county when that county was created out if parts Wentworth & Halton regions . It remained so until 1974 when it joined with Elgin County to form its own municipality known today as Haldimand County .