Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The town was first settled in 1837 by John and William Midland, who were brothers. The area was originally named "Midland Township" after the two brothers. In 1846, the settlement of Midland became a village and then a town in 1850 when it had 1,000 residents; at that time it included all of present-day Penetanguishene as well as Tiny and Tay townships. In 1963 most of what is now called "Tay" township (including Tay itself) separated from Midland to form its own municipality (the Town of Tay). The remainder continued under the name Municipality Of Midland until 1974 when it became part of Simcoe County with no municipal government but rather an elected county council for local administration purposes within Simcoe County's regional structure which includes four lower tier municipalities: Barrie City Council; Bradford West Gwillimbury Council; Essa Township Council ; Innisfil Town Hall .