Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The area that would become Leamington was first settled in 1803 by Thomas Ingersoll, a United Empire Loyalist from New York. He built a sawmill and grist mill on the banks of the La Tranche River (now known as Spring Creek). The community became known as "Ingersoll's Corners" after his death. In 1854, William Cane started an agricultural supply business near what is now downtown Leamington; he named it for his hometown of Leamington Spa in England. By then also called Ingersoll's Corners, it had about 100 inhabitants and several businesses including taverns and blacksmith shops.