Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The Town of Kincardine is located on the north shore of Lake Huron, approximately south-west of Owen Sound. The town was settled in 1836 by a group from Scotland led by John McDonald and James McFarlane. In 1837, they built a sawmill which became the first industry in Bruce County. The settlement that grew up around it became known as McFarlanes Mills (later shortened to "McFarlanes" and then "Kincardine"). It was incorporated as a village in 1850 and later into a town on January 1, 1998 when it amalgamated with the Township of Kincardine (formed out of part or all seven townships) along with Bruce Township to form an expanded Municipality Of Kincardine. The name comes from Sir Thomas Kennedy who owned land nearby during colonial times; he named his estate after his ancestral home at Ardchattan Priory near Lochgilphead Scotland where he had been born .