Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The town is located at the mouth of the Gananoque River on a point of land between two channels, one leading to Kingston and the other to Brockville. The Thousand Islands Parkway passes through it. Gananoque was first settled in 1784 by John McDonald (1750–1830), who built his home there in 1805, naming it "Glengarry House". It became known as "McDonald's Corners" or simply "The Corners", but when postmaster William Brownlee applied for a post office he found another community with that name already existed so he chose instead after Gananoque Falls on nearby St. Lawrence River where settlers had been arriving since 1783 from New England via Oswego and Cape Vincent).