Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
Elora is located at the intersection of Highway 6 and Wellington Road 19. It is about northwest of Toronto, east-northeast of Guelph, west-northwest of Kitchener and north-northwest from Stratford. The town's slogan "The Town Between" reflects its location between the cities mentioned above. Elora was founded in 1827 by Scottish immigrants who were attracted to the area due to its limestone deposits which they used for building materials for their homes as well as a local lime kiln industry that developed around this resource during that time period. The name Elora comes from an abbreviation/corruption (possibly due to poor spelling skills) by early settlers using Gaelic words: "Ailrig", meaning elm trees or grove; and "Ora", meaning field or meadow land; thus translating into Elm Grove Field or Meadow Land where elms grew abundantly along with other native hardwood species such as maple, oak, ash etc., hence why many streets in Elora are named after these types trees e.g.