Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The town was founded in 1853 by John Egan, an Irish immigrant who had purchased the land from the Crown. The community is named for him. In 1854, a post office was established and Eganville became a village in 1870 and incorporated as a town on January 1, 1901. In 2001 it amalgamated with Bonnechere Valley Township to become part of Renfrew County's Town of Bonnechere Valley municipal government structure which came into effect on January 1, 2002; however it continues to be known as "Eganville" within this larger municipality (which also includes the communities of Barry's Bay).