Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The Brussels United Church was built in 1884. In the early 20th century, Brussels had a cheese factory and a creamery which supplied milk to area farmers. The creamery closed in the late 1940s, but the cheese factory remained open until about 1970 when it too closed down due to lack of business. A post office opened on January 1, 1856 with John Ainsley as its first postmaster (the spelling of Ainleyville was changed at this time). It continued operating until September 30, 1962 when it became part of Seaforth's postal system; mail would be delivered from Seaforth once per day by train or truck depending on weather conditions. Today there is no longer any postal service within Brussels' boundaries; residents must travel outside their community for all mailing needs including banking services and receiving cheques by mail (such as government benefits).