Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The neighbourhood is home to many of Toronto's Polish-Canadian population, and has a large number of restaurants serving Polish cuisine. The area also contains the Brockton Village branch of the Toronto Public Library. Brockton was founded in 1851 by William Brock who settled on land he purchased from John Boulby, an early settler in Etobicoke Township. He built his house at what is now Bloor Street West and Lansdowne Avenue (then called Brock's Road). In 1854 he donated land for St James' Anglican Church which still stands today at Dundas Street West and Roncesvalles Avenue as well as donating money for its construction; it was consecrated on May 15, 1856 by Bishop Strachan with Reverend George Taylor officiating.