Printed on premium quality, glossy, photo paper
Available in 3 sizes
Printed in the USA
The Wentworth Valley is a valley in Cumberland County, Nova Scotia. It was named after Sir John Wentworth who had been lieutenant-governor of the province from 1792 to 1808. The valley is drained by the North Branch River Philip which flows into the South Branch River Bridgetown at Bridgetown and then via that river into St. Mary's Bay on Nova Scotia's south shore. The first settlers arrived in 1780s and were mostly United Empire Loyalists (American Revolution). In addition there were some families who came directly from New England as well as immigrants from Ireland, Scotland, Germany and France with others arriving later during 19th century including many Scots whose ancestors had settled along Cape Breton Island during colonial times or earlier when it was part of Scotland before being ceded to England under Treaty of Utrecht (1713) following defeat by English forces led by Edward Cornwallis at Battle of Culloden (1746).